Get your own Digital Clock

اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

"Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings".

01 January 2012

Seeking Refuge in Allaah from the Snatching of Shaytan at Time of Death


Student of knowledge Abu Yusuf Khalifa (hafidhahullaah) relayed this du’aa the Prophet (salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) made.
The Prophet (salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said:
Wa Aoodhubika an ya takhabaTani ash-Shaytan ‘indal Mawt
(I seek refuge in you (Allaah) from Shaytan snatching me at the time of death.)
Sunan Abu Dawud (authentic).
According to a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Nasaa’i from Abu’l-Yusr, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray: “Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-taraddi wa’l-haram wa’l-gharaq wa’l-harq, wa a’oodhu bika an yatakhabatani al-shaytaan ‘ind al-mawt ( O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from being thrown from a high place, old age, drowning and burning; and I seek refuge with You from being beaten by the Shaytaan at the time of death).”
Commenting on this hadeeth in Al-Fayd (part 2, p.148), al-Manaawi said: “[The phrase] ‘and I seek refuge with You from being beaten by the Shaytaan at the time of death’ means, lest he should wrestle with me and play with me, and damage my religious commitment or mental state (at the time of death) by means of his insinuating whispers which cause people to slip or lose their minds. The Shaytaan could take control of a person when he is about to depart this world, and misguide him or stop him from repenting…”


Satan talking to Imam Ahmed on his death bed
Abdullah bin Ahmed said:
“When death approached my father, I sat with him and in my hand was a scrap of cloth with which I wanted to tie his beard and he began to drift in and out of consciousness, then he opened his eyes and said, indicating with his hand: “No, not yet. No, not yet” And he repeated it three times. After the third repetition ,I said to him: Oh, my father! What is this thing which you have said at this time? You fall into unconsciousness so that we say that you have gone,then you return (to consciousness) and say: “No, not yet. No, not yet”
He said to me : Oh, my son! Do you not know?” I said: “No”.
He said :” Satan – May Allah’s curse be upon him – stood before me, he lowered himself on his knuckles and said to me:”Oh, Ahmad! You have eluded me.” But I replied: “No, not yet, not yet until I die.”
Source:
The biography of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal by Salahuddin Ali Abdul Mawjood
Translated by :Sameh Strauch, Publisher: Darussalam

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. [Al-‘Imran 3:185]

Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "I am leaving behind two things - you will never go astray if you hold fast to them: the Quran and my Sunnah." [At-Tirmithi]

''Do not walk proudly on the Earth, Your feet cannot tear apart the Earth nor are you as tall as the mountains"

(Quran 17:37)

Do not love the one who doesn't love
ALLAH,If they can leave ALLAH they
will leave you
( Imam SHAFEE' I )

[The hypocrites are] like the example of Shaitan when he says to man, ‘’Disbelieve in Allaah’’. But when he disbelieves, he says, “Indeed, I am disassociated from you. I fear Allaah, Lord of the worlds”

(Qur’an: Al-Hashr;16)